Love Potion Number 9
Every now and again at Secrete Fine Jewelry, we have a custom job that stands out. When a DC groom-to-be came in and asked if we could custom-design something inspired by the number nine, we knew we were getting into something cool.
As we started talking to the groom, we realized that the number 9 had special significance to his relationship with his girlfriend, and he wondered if there were a way to incorporate this special number into a ring.
We found quite a few.
First of all, it features 9 diamonds.
2. The center stone is exactly 0.99ct.
3. The side stones are 0.45ct each. (2) x 0.45 = 0.90.
4. The remaining six stones are 0.12ct each. 0.12 x (6) = 0.72. 7+2 = 9.
5. It’s in 18k gold. 18 ÷ 2 = 9.
6. Inset in the back of the shank are the couple’s birthstones, garnet (the first month) and peridot (the eighth month). 1 + 8 = 9.
7. Oh, and each of the birthstones is 0.045pts, totalling 0.09ct.
8. Mr. Soo designed unique triple-prongs for this 3-prong setting. 3 x 3 = 9.
9. The basket features two scalloped points between each other the three prongs to form a 9-pointed star.
We found exactly 9 ways to incorporate the number 9 in this beautiful engagement ring. Best of all-- this is a gorgeous ring in its own right, a fantastic engagement ring she’ll love for the rest of her life. Her friends will notice the beauty and clarity of the diamond, the symmetry of the design, and the special details-- even if they don’t notice the perfection of the math.
Our team at Secrete committed to this client’s vision for his ring. We realized he wanted something special, something metaphorical, something metaphysical even. We treated his project with the respect it deserves and came up with one drop dead gorgeous engagement ring that’s sure to make her jaw drop.
Finally, props to the groom-to-be. His proposal may be shrouded with a mysterious and significant numerical meaning, but he knew to keep it classic.